Our mission is
to live lives that are good, beautiful, and true,
lives that are integrated and whole,
lives that draw their energy from our hearts and souls,
lives that are supported and nourished
by the systems and environments we create around us.
- Thomas D'Alessio    M.Div, LMT
- Jennifer D'Alessio    AAS (emergency medicine)
- Freda van den Broek    LMT
- Marva Brook    E-RYT, Reiki Master
- Helena Fehlhaber    LMT
- Jenna Frank    LMT
- Carrie Holiday    LMT
- Jennifer Janowitz    MS, LMT
- Eric Roegner    LMT
- Adriana Theel    LMT
Thomas D'Alessio (founding member)
Born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Tom's interests and experience have
ranged from the repair of old VW buses to music composition/performance, from counseling to carpentry, from leading Intensive
Journal workshops to building computer networks, not to mention cooking, bread-making and, of course,
the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam. He is one of the few people in the world in recent history to have taken four
in High School, played accordion since age three, or admitted either publically until
Tom received his basic training/certification in counseling
from both the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and T.A. Associates
He holds an M.Div. from Garrett (Evanston IL) and served as a United Methodist minister for 20 years in both local ministry
settings and as state-wide Communications Coordinator. He is a state licensed and nationally certified Massage Therapist, having
received his training at Blue Sky School of Professional Massage and Bodywork when it was still a great school.
Tom received certification to lead Progoff Intensive Journal Workshops from
his leader training was with Ira Progoff, who developed the Intensive Journal process. He has also been Core Integral
certified (level one) through the Integral Institute.
Tom has written and self-published two books. Coming Home to your Self, Coming Home to your Life: the journey of a lifetime
(a workbook used in the Integral LifeCare program) and One Hand Waving Free: scenes from an unfinished life. He is curently
collaborating on a new book with Shai White-Gilbertson, tentatively titled Carbon to Consciousness: the evolution of stone
He was, together with Freda van den Broek, oneof the two founding members of Bodymindspiritworks.
Tom's work is thoroughly grounded in the Integral perspective (Wilber) and incorporates the principles/practices of
transpersonal and depth psychology (Maslow, Jung, Progoff), family systems work (Bowen, Garlinda), transformative spirituality
(Lao Tzu, Shunryu Suzuki, Thich Nhat Hahn, Richard Rohr, Rebecca Solnit, Naomi Klein, Walt Whitman, Mary Oliver, Polly Berends,
Thomas Hora, Meister Eckhart),
therapeutic bodywork, neuromuscular therapy, energy work, and the Intensive Journal process (Progoff). His basic assumption
about Life, the Universe and Everything is that "body" "mind" and "spirit" are not three separate things needing to be integrated
or (even worse) "balanced," but simply three already-and-always dimensions (like length, width, height) of the integrated One,
to be awakened to, now upon now.
Writings & reflections
Bodymindspiritworks LLC was crated in October 2005
to be a place where we could provide a comprehensive and balanced set of "bodywork,"
"mindwork" and "spiritwork" services for the integration of your life, based on the core values of
||• sacramental living and working
|• high standard of competence
||• joy, delight, playfulness
We're different from just about everything else out there: our work is informed by a very diverse yet profoundly connected
and empirically-based universe of ideas. Some of the main threads (a woefully incomplete list) include the following.
We stand on the shoulders of giants. External links open up in a new window and a couple of them have sound:
Bodymindspiritworks balances autonomy, strength, independence and freedom
- Ken Wilber and the
- Ira Progoff, the
process, and the idea of "integral" long before it had a capital "I"
- Aromatherapy: the use of essential oils for their therapeutic properties. All our essential oils and carrier oils come from
- The rich tradition of "energy work" (including reflexology, acupressure, reiki, cranial-sacral)
- Paolo Soleri ("Technology & Cosmogenesis") and Teilhard de Chardin ("The Phenomenon of Man")
- Genpo Roshi's "Big Mind/Big Heart"
- the architectural movement known as "regenerative"
- Herminia Ibarra and her ideas about "working identity"
and Isabelle Stengers ("Order Out of Chaos")
- Robert Pirsig's
- Thomas Hora ("Existential Metapsychiatry")
- Samuel West's work with Lymphology
- Transactional Analysis and Gestalt perspectives
- Depth psychology/deep spirituality
- Developmental Psychology, including the idea of multiple intelligences (or lines of development)
- Carl Jung and the idea of "shadow"
- Stewart Brand and the idea of
"The Whole Earth Catalogue - access to tools"
- Abraham Maslow's "Toward a Psychology of Being"
- Martin Buber and the sacredness of the I-You relationship (giving rise to the miracle of "we")
- Precision Neuro-muscular Therapy (thank you Doug Nelson)
- All the wonderfully diverse "paths of liberation"
including the major spiritual traditions of the world but also
"The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam"
- The music of Chuck Wild
and Deuter and
- The Waterboys:
"I saw the crescent, you saw the whole of the moon"
- Jimi (for those times when the keepers of the void ensnare you and all, all is vanity)
- The whole life of Freda van den Broek
- The whole life of Thomas D'Alessio
appropriate relationship, care and compassion for our clients as well as for the professionals who
work with us.
We're located in the loft of the Grafton mill (north side of the building, look for the deck with
the purple canopy awning, 1350 Fourteenth Ave, Grafton Wisconsin.
Grafton is about 20 minutes north from downtown Milwaukee via I-43 (take the "Hwy 60/Grafton" exit, then go West).
Bodymindspiritworks is easy to get to and just a few minutes (a little over a mile) from I-43.